COVID-19 – Operating Principles and Practices
The following operating principles, rules and guidelines have been adopted in accordance with Federal, State, and Local authorities as well as best practices. These operating principles will remain in effect for the foreseeable future, but they are subject to change and modification dependent on changing conditions and governmental direction. Our primary goal is to provide a safe, healthy and enjoyable place to stay during your visit to Door County. Here are some of the actions we are taking to accomplish this goal.
Here are some of the actions we are taking to accomplish this goal:
- Check-in time is 4:00PM; check-out time is 11am. As of right now the Front Office is open Sunday, Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday and from 8am until 4pm. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Front Desk is open from 8am until 9pm. If you are arriving after 4pm, you will find an envelope with the room keys and instructions taped to the glass door leading to the lobby.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the Lodge.
- For your additional safety we suggest to maintain 6 feet distancing if possible.
- Plexiglass “sneeze barrier has been installed at the front desk; they are checked, maintained, restocked, and sanitized every morning.
- Payments can now be made for reservations via your mobile device prior to your arrival in order to eliminate crowding and excessive contact in the lobby. You will receive an email with virtual check in instructions on the date of arrival.
- WIFI credit card processing terminals are available for use at our Front Desk, with PCI and WPP security standards in effect.
- The Lodge will limit the number of guests in residence based on our staff’s capacity to sufficiently clean and disinfect the premises.
- If possible, there is a minimum 24-hour gap enforced between reservations for increased protection.
- All central air filters have been upgraded to HEPE quality MERV 13 filters.
- All staff members will be trained in, and committed to, best practices in cleaning, disinfecting, personal hygiene and proper use of PPE.
- Daily housekeeping service will not be provided on guest stays shorter than 3 nights. On longer stays housekeeping will be provided in the middle of the stay, based on prior request but only while the room is vacant. Housekeeping supplies (towels, soaps, shampoo, etc.) can be requested at the front desk daily until 4pm during your stay and will be left at the door to the unit.
- Weight room, game room, indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, & whirlpool are open to public. Use at your own risk. Social distancing is encouraged.
- Continental breakfast is discontinued.
- Meeting rooms, public restrooms are closed until further notice.
- Dishes and silverware have been removed from the lodge units that do not have an in-unit dishwasher. Guests are encouraged to bring their own paper and disposable products.
- Bedspreads, bed skirts and pillow shams have been removed from all units in accordance with CDC and WEDC rules/guidelines.
- Cleaning/disinfecting public areas is performed in accordance with CDC/WEDC guidelines.
- Bikes are available for use.
- Birchwood staff members who have a fever or are exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms will not be allowed to work.
- UV light sanitation system has been installed to properly disinfect the air throughout the common areas.